Page 2 tak dapat dilaksanakan atas sebab sebab tertentu *cakap jelah tak sempat*
Regarding yesterday.. we have a bedside teaching with cool doctor
Case : 20 year old gentleman with generalised edema over the body and tea coloured urine for the past 1 month.
The most common cause would be kidneys problem as it causes edema and also interfere with the urine, causing him to have tea-coloured urine.
After discussion, we think it is nephrotic syndrome. Nephrotic syndrome is actually a triad of proteinuria (>3g/24hr), hypoalbuminemia (<25g/L) and also oedema. severe hyperlipidemia (total cholesterol >10mmol?L) also commonly present.
I have read up about it yesterday, but lets just assume my brain is not yet good enough. I'll read it up again tonight. InsyaAllah.
Today, we have a bedside with inspiring doctor, which is the same one as on the first day.. She asked about the questions on COPD, the ones she had asked us to read on the first day. She asked me on " what is the pathophysiology of emphysema?" but I was tongue-tied. I cannot answer even though I had read on it. So , I guess another homework, to read on COPD.
Case: 60 year old gentleman with central chest pain.
So, today's bedside was on cardiovascular system. I understand but I have to improve more. So, there goes my night.
To do list
1. Nephrotic Syndrome
2. COPD (!!!)
3. Acute Coronary Syndrome (30% of us will get this case in our long case, yikes!)
Medicine Posting Day 1
A great introduction by the coordinator. My first time with new group members, some new faces *not so new, i should say* Just hoping for the best out of the group. First bedside of the posting. WHOA! Feels like lacking so much.
Tonight's to do list : read up on COPD and Bronchial Asthma, at the very least.
Mood : Am extremely tired.
picture taken from google :)
Why Fajita Trio? besides that it is my favorite Chili's menu.
Look at the all in one combo - meat, chicken and even prawns
That's how this post will be - a mixture of all my posting
why did i took so long to type it all out? well, i am in my medicine posting currently, and i thought of doing this "page 1 of 56 in medicine" until we're done with third year. you know, so that, it can be something to look back to in future, and to help the future medical students see what they are going to deal with so that they can take back their decision to be a doctor *evil laugh* (okay tipu, alasan sebenar: so that i can have a reason to stay in front of my laptop more than i should *wink*). Tapi if that so, macam tak fair untuk my previous postings, so i am going to scribble a bit for each posting. Feel free to read, feel free to exit. Ngeh.
- Rural & Urban Health Posting - My first posting. So excited to enter clinical years and too energetic. It consists of 8 weeks of lectures, field visit, and seminars. The easy part is going to field visit. Such an experience to explore things out of our line. We went to Teluk Intan, lepak menara condong. What an experience. :) The hardest part is doing reports based on all the field visits and presenting them. Haha. Ada satu time tu where kitorang stay up sampai sahur secara berjemaah. SPSS punya pasal. :) Best part : Cameron Highlands.
- Obs&Gynae Posting - Well, as the name suggest, tengok orang beranak, masa ni baru pandai clerk sikit sikit, and to see newborn babies. Easy part : no, nothing's easy. Hardest part : sebab macam baru masuk first clinical posting, macam merangkak slow slow belajar how to be a clinical student. and the part where tengok seorang ibu melahirkan anaknya :') too many emotional moments. Best part: newborn babies :)
- Paediatrics Posting - Hurm. I have a crush on one of the doctors. hehe. :) Paediatrics is basically medicine, for children. Easy part : Waking up in the morning knowing you will see more cute little children. :) Hardest part: To end this posting. :') Best part: *malunakcakap*
- Surgery Posting - Membedah orang. okay tak, tipu. basically here, covered most of it are hernias, upper gi bleed, lower gi bleed, breast ca. Things that need a surgery. Interesting posting. Easy part: the timetable is the best! ngehehe. Hardest part: well, every surgeon has their own particularity in presenting the case, so to fit into everyone's preferences is kind of hard. Best part: surgeons are cool
And it leads to today where my first day of medicine started. Wish me well people :)
- Saya dah dalam posting keempat, end of it, khamis long case exam, mohon doa restu dari rakan rakan.
- Lagi approx 8 minggu nak final for 3 posting. How time flies.
- I have an addiction untuk procrastinate dengan google gambar2 kawen sambil berangan nak kawen, baju warna apa semua, dah ade choices dalam otak.
- I have bought lots of tudung bawal kosong and baju kurung.
- Respond badan saya kepada cafeine masih tak berubah. *menjangkakan tidak tidur malam ini*
notakaki: entry ini ditulis semasa sedang berusaha membuang masa sebab kepala dah lalok tapi tak boleh tido. Sekian , terima kasih.
Posted by namasayasyazmin :) at 4:41 AM
Check out the scholarship options for you after SPM!: If you are looking around for the the perfect education option, the Sunway Education Info Day is a must-go event. Happening this 24-25 March - Experience and get to know all you need about Sunway University and Sunway College!
Posted by namasayasyazmin :) at 4:29 AM