20130110

bits and pieces

Assalaamualaikum

History Taking
Since I was in Year 1 in Medical school
I learnt this

The template goes like this;
Chief Complaint
History of Presenting Illness
Systemic Review
Past Medical & Surgical History
Medication History
Allergy
Family History
Social History
Summary

It had always been a list to be completed for me
Achieving the diagnosis is the gold aim for me


I learnt something new today
Let just say
When every doctor said, take a holistic approach
treat the person as a whole, not only a disease
I don't really know how to do it
My bad
I did not realize, the gold is sometimes not the cure, but the comfort you brought into someone's life
Burdens that you helped lifting off of their shoulders
Sometimes, it is the little things that make you better


Maybe it is not too late.
There will always be a room for improvement, they say
Another year and half to go
Fill my head with knowledge
and my heart with empathy

Towards a better life, a better future doctor
InsyaALLAH









No comments: